Research in the Departments
The Institute of Sports Science (IfS) has set itself the goal of consolidating its top position among scientific sports institutions, to expand its national and international relations and to be a sought after research, consulting and further training institution for sports and health organisations. Therefore externally funded research, in cooperation with sports organisations and ministries, is of great importance. The IfS Tübingen is made up of the following five departments:
- Sport Economics, Sport Management and Media Research (Chair: Prof. Dr. Tim Pawlowski)
- Sport Psychology and Research Methods (Chair: Prof. Dr. Oliver Höner)
- Sports Biomechanics and Exercise Science (Chair: Prof. Dr. Veit Wank)
- Social Sciences of Sport and Health (Chair: Prof. Dr. Ansgar Thiel)
- Education and Health Research (Chair: Prof. Dr. Gorden Sudeck).