Dr. Thomas Piecha
Dr. Thomas Piecha
University of Tübingen
Department of Computer Science
Office hours: Wednesday, 14-15h and after classes
- General proof theory
- Proof-theoretic semantics
- Hypothetical reasoning
- Game-theoretic approaches to logic
- History of mathematical logic
- since 2009: Member of academic staff at the Department of Computer Science, University of Tübingen.
- 2012: PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in Computer Science (University of Tübingen), with a thesis on game-theoretic semantics for definitional reasoning and implications as rules. Supervisors: Prof. Peter Schroeder-Heister and Prof. Reinhard Kahle.
- 2007-2009: Scholarship of the Landesgraduiertenförderung (University of Tübingen)
- 2006: Magister artium in Philosophy (University of Tübingen), with a thesis on hypercomputation / physical models of computation and Church's thesis. Supervisors: Prof. Peter Schroeder-Heister and Prof. Herbert Keuth.
- 2004: Diploma in Physics, minor subject: Computer Science (University of Tübingen), with a thesis on physical foundations of quantum computation. Supervisors: Prof. Hanns Ruder and Prof. Klaus-Jörn Lange.
- Vorlesung: Lambda Calculus and Combinatory Logic (WS17/18)
- Übungen zur Vorlesung Lambda Calculus and Combinatory Logic (WS17/18)
Participation in research projects
- BEYOND LOGIC, Hypothetical Reasoning in Philosophy of Science, Informatics, and Law. Joint French-German research project funded by ANR and DFG. 2015-
- HYPOTHESES (2nd phase), Hypothetical Reasoning – Its Proof-Theoretic Analysis. Joint French-German research project funded by ANR and DFG. 2012-2015
- HYPOTHESES (1st phase), Hypothetical Reasoning – Logical and Semantical Perspectives. Joint French-German research project funded by ANR and DFG. 2009-2012
- DiFoS - Dialogical Foundations of Semantics, Collaborative Research Project within the EUROCORES programme LogICCC of the European Science Foundation (ESF). 2009-2012