At the Faculty of Science, you can get a doctoral degree (Dr. rer. nat.) in the following subjects:
biochemistry, bioinformatics, biology, chemistry, geography, geoecology, geosciences, computer science, cognitive science, mathematics, natural archaeology, pharmaceutics, physics, psychology, and environmental studies.
For detailed information about doctoral studies at the University of Tübingen (especially the application process, acceptance, and the graduation examination), please read the leaflets in the download area below.
Please note that the Faculty of Science has new doctoral studies regulations starting 01.10.2010. For doctoral candidates, who were accepted before this date and for examination procedures that began prior to the change of regulations, the previous regulations are temporarily valid; more specific information is to be found in the download area below.
Ms. Dortschy: acceptance of doctoral dissertations
Ms. Christ: applications for acceptance as a doctoral student, information about doctoral guidelines of the Faculty of Science)
Our office hours:
Monday - Thursday, 10.00 - 12.00 a.m. and by appointment
No regular office hours during the semester break. Please make an appointment by e-mail.
Ombudsperson Doctoral Studies
The ombudsperson assists the doctoral students in settling conflicts or solving problems. All matters are treated as strictly confidential and neutral. Ombudsperson is the Dean of the Faculty, the Vice Dean for Research and the Dean of Studies
Applications for doctoral studies must include all required documents and be mailed to:
Faculty of Science
Central Management Office / Academic Affairs
FAO Ms. Christ / Ms. Dortschy
Auf der Morgenstelle 8
B-building, 9th floor, room 9A03 / 9A06
72076 Tübingen, Germany
You are welcome with all your questions, but we recommend that first of all you read the entire information leaflet. From experience only very few questions remain unanswered thereafter.
- Information leaflet about doctoral studies: pdf
- Application for acceptance as a doctoral student and supervision agreement: word | pdf
- Application for starting the doctoral examination procedure: word | pdf
- Form for the oral examination procedure : word | pdf
- Declaration of individual work for publications done in teamwork: word | pdf
- PromO-Rules and Guidelines for Doctoral Studies 2011 (the version of 2015 is not translated at the moment . It differs only slightly from this version) pdf
- Recommendations for a doctoral thesis as accumulation of publications/manuscripts pdf