Graduate Academy – Science Section
Current doctoral projects at the Faculty of Science are centralized at the newly founded Graduate Academy of the University of Tübingen - Science Section (Section of the Faculty of Science). The administrative aspects of each particular doctoral project are managed by the faculty (based on the valid doctoral studies regulations). The scientific supervision of each project is decentralized, and the respective department, institute, center or research group is responsible for it.
At the Faculty of Science, most graduate projects are realized individually.
There are several different structures offered for doctoral programs, for example special research programs (SFB), postgraduate colleges, or cooperative research projects.
The main goal of the Graduate Academy is to improve the supervision of and support for young researchers. Additional goals are:
- Support of international and institutional cooperations concerning doctoral projects
- Support of interdisciplinary exchange and networks among young researchers
- Further improvement of scientific support for doctoral students through additional programs to enhance professional and job-related skills in close cooperation with the Central Graduate Academy of the University of Tübingen
- Development of additional necessary competencies after doctoral studies
- Increasing the percentage of international doctoral students and young researchers
Doctoral Candidates' Convention 2016 - Save the Date
9-11 November 2016
The Graduate Academy is offering a series of events focusing on doctoral studies in Tübingen. For more information and a program overview please click here.