How to apply for a master's
Our Master programs begin in October.
Students wishing to embark on any Master's degree program have to undergo a two-step selection procedure consisting of a written application and an interview.
Applicants must fill out the application form online. You can access the online application portal here.
You will need to send in a hardcopy of your application (for specific requirements see below).
The deadline is May 15, midnight (CET).
Important note for all applicants:
This is the date of receipt for all required documents in printed form at the University of Tübingen! Please ensure that you send us authenticated copies of your documents only. We cannot guarantee that any original documents you may send to us will be safely returned to you.
Incoming applications will be ranked by a selection panel of the School of Business and Economics according to their average grade awarded for the first university degree and other criteria.
Interviews will take place in early June. Our School will send out letters of admission by the end of June. The University's Registrar’s Office will confirm your admission in September.
Applicants must hold a first degree (for example a Bachelor's degree) in the field of Economics, Business Administration or any related field with an average grade of 2.5 or better (German grading system, please see here for information on converting international grades).
Students wishing to apply must submit the following documents:
- A certificate stating that the applicant has successfully completed a first university degree or a certificate (or equivalent documents) providing evidence of the successful completion of at least the year prior to his/her final examination in the equivalent studies (with a minimum of 120 ECTS credits). The certificate should also state the course contents in detail. This certificate should prove that the entry requirements of the respective Master's program are met. Thus, applicants should preferably submit a transcript of records as well as a diploma supplement describing the contents of the studied courses in detail. This certificate should be authenticated.
- letter of motivation (max. 1 page) in English or German
- CV in tabular format in English or German
- documents proving your language qualification (TestDaF, TOEFL, IELTS, …), please see the pages listing the specific application requirements.
- two professor-referees (please indicate the name and contact of potential referees, from whom a reference could be requested, if necessary. You do not need to send reference letters.)
- Certificate equivalent to the German Abitur certificate (i.e. A-level certificate) qualifying for university admission. This certificate should be authentitaced.
- Further documents which attest that the applicant is especially suited to the degree program can also be submitted. Examples of these additional documents are, among others, proof of additional foreign language skills, results of standardized tests specific to the fields of Business and Economics, such as GRE or GMAT, and documentation which attests the applicants participation in research projects or summer/winter schools that do not constitute part of the applicant’s undergraduate degree. Please note that neither a GMAT nor a GRE are a prerequisite for any of our M.Sc. programs but that they may serve as an indication that the applicant posesses a certain skillset. Please see the pages on the specific admission requirements of our M.Sc. programs in the area of Business Administration and Economics for more information.
Important note for international applicants:
Please send us your printed and signed application form together with all documents mentioned above via regular mail. In addition to that, please make sure you upload all relevant supporting documents to the online portal.
Important note for German applicants:
Please only send us your printed and signed application form via regular mail and make sure you upload all relevant supporting documents to the online platform.
Please read all information carefully. If you have any further questions regarding your application please do not hesitate to contact us via bewerbung(at)wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de.