Income and expenses
Income during your studies
- If you are a German citizen or had a German residence permit prior to becoming a student, you may qualify for the German student allowance/ loan scheme, BAföG.
The databases listed below may help you find a scholarship or grant to help you financially during your years of study:
- Stipendienlotse - German Ministry of Education and Research search engine for scholarships (German only)
- Studienfinanzierung leicht gemacht - NGO-run, German-only search engine for scholarships
- Stipendien - scholarship database of the state Ministry for the Sciences and Humanities, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg (German only)
- Stiftungen A-Z - search engine of the Deutsches Stifterverband, some info in English
- Studium finanzieren - page administered by NGO ArbeiterKind.de (German only)
- Stipendium Plus - scholarships for gifted students at higher education level, some info in English
Deutschlandstipendium at the University of Tübingen
- Students at the University of Tübingen may apply for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship.
Jobs and internships
- The University's Career Service has a job exchange: Job- und Praktikumsbörse and provides advice on how to apply for jobs and to launch your professional career. Vacant positions at the University are listed under job advertisements
What does it cost to study at the University of Tübingen?
Currently there are no tuition fees for undergraduate courses. Some Master's and PhD degree programs may charge tuition fees. HOWEVER, it has been decided to charge a per-semester tuition fee of 1500 euros starting in winter semester 2017-18 for students from countries outside the European Union and European Economic Area and starting to study; and 650 euros per semester for students starting an additional degree (NOT a higher or consecutive degree).
All students must pay a per-semester registration fee of €153,80 when they enroll. It is made up of €77,80 for social services, €5 for the student union and a €70 administration charge.
It also entitles University of Tübingen students to a discount on the Semesterticket, valid for travel on the local buses and trains. The semester ticket cost €89,70.