Raising of administration fee to 70 € per semester from winter semester 2017-18
The Baden-Württemberg state parliament on 10.02.2017 passed measures including an increase in the adminstrative fee under § 12 Landeshochschulgebührengesetz from 60 to 70 €. This sum of 70 € is valid from winter semester 2017-18.
Institutions of higher education collect the administration fee from students on behalf of the state government.
The fee helps pay for administration and support services for students. In particular it goes towards services for enrollment, leave of absence, discontinuation, academic advisory services, exams (University Structures and Organisation), services for international students and academics, help for students to find internships and in transitioning into a career (§ 12 paragraph 1 Landeshochschulgebührengesetz).
Payment of fees
The administration fee (70€) together with the Student Services (Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim) fee (77.80 €) and the student union fee (5,- €) are payable (usually 152.80 €) upon enrollment or re-enrollment at the University of Tübingen. There is no separate call for payment.
Termination of enrollment
- The administration fee will be refunded if enrollment is terminated within one month of the start of the lecture period (§ 12 (3)(1) Landeshochschulgebührengesetz).
- You must apply for this reimbursement using the Application for refund of administration fee.
Enrollment in a supplementary subject (Arts teaching degree under GymPO I) or an academic subject (Bachelor of Education in combination with Art or Music) at the University of Tübingen by students of the Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Künste Stuttgart, Staatliche Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Stuttgart and the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik Trossingen (only for teaching degree students under GymPO I)
- If the study and exam regulations require/ permit studies to be conducted with simultaneous enrollment at more than one institution of higher education, the administration fee is to be collected at the institution which is the focus of the program only (§ 12 (3)(2) Landeshochschulgebührengesetz).
- For this you must submit an application (see downloads) and provide a certificate of enrollment from the other institution for the relevant semester.
International students on ERASMUS and exchange programs
- International students enrolled on the basis of state, federal, or international administrative agreements or university agreements are exempt from the administration fee (§ 12 (3)(3)Landeshochschulgebührengesetz). This exemption usually happens automatically.
Downloads winter sem. 2017/18
Admin. fee: 70.00 €
- Waiver supplement. subject for teaching-degree GymPO I (DE)
- Waiver BA of Ed. combination Art/Music (DE)
- Refund (DE)
Student services fee:
Student union fee: 5.00 €