Tübingen as a place to study
Tübingen is located about 40 kilometers south of Stuttgart and has some 90,000 inhabitants. Tübingen has been a coveted place to study for a very long time – both because of the excellent conditions for students and researchers, and the unique charm of the town.
- at the heart of Baden-Württemberg
- in southwestern Germany
- at the heart of Europe
- High quality of life. It is located on the Neckar river and has a historic center with many cafés, restaurants, and Shops – as well as being surrounded by beautiful countryside. The Black Forest and the Swabian Jura hills are not far away and provide opportunities for climbing, canoeing, hiking, Biking – and skiing in winter.
- Short distances. Our institute buildings may be reached easily on foot or by bus.
- Outstanding cultural activities
Typically Tübingen are:
- The cosmopolitan atmosphere, which helps international guests settle in quickly.
- Safety. Tübingen is a place in which young and old alike can move around without fear. The town’s many students and its young families make Tübingen Germany’s youngest city by average age.
- Long traditions. Young people have been studying in Tübingen since 1477. Here, you can walk in the footsteps of intellectual greats such as Hegel, Hölderlin, even Alzheimer.
- An excellent reputation. Tübingen graduates are sought after both in research and in business.