Aiming at outstanding doctoral research on interdisciplinary education-related topics, the LEAD Graduate School & Research Network invites applications by excellent M.A. or M.Sc. graduates in Education Sciences, one of the neighboring LEAD disciplines or one of the programs that prepare specifically for a doctorate at LEAD.
About 20 PhD candidates are admitted each year. The ones financed by LEAD are admitted each German winter semester in October to our full-time program. Doctoral positions include a three-year employment contract and 65 percent of an E13 salary (German Public Salary Scale) per month as well as additional allowances for conference travel and other research support.
LEAD is a tuition-free program, however, there is a small registration fee associated that may be charged by the University of Tübingen. Please visit the University’s financial assistance page for the most up to date information.
Applications are welcome at any time and will be taken into account as positions become available. International job postings for doctoral positions and fellowships are also regularly announced on our website.
For any questions regarding the training program or the application process, please see our FAQ.
To apply, please send the following documents in English in one pdf file to the LEAD Graduate School at lead[at]uni-tuebingen.de:
- a completed application cover sheet;
- curriculum vitae;
- certified degree certificate, or a certified university document showing the graduation in the near future;
- two letters of recommendation;
- a statement of research interest and experience
- a letter of motivation describing your interest in obtaining a PhD within the interdisciplinary LEAD research framework
Job interviews for selected applicants will include
- a presentation of their recent academic work (15 min.),
- a statement about the fit between the graduate program and their research interests and goals (5 min.),
- and a scientific discussion.