Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
+49 7071 29-0
+49 7071 29-5990
info [at] uni-tuebingen.de
Arriving by plane
International guests are recommended to arrive via Stuttgart Airport (IATA code STR). The airport is about 30 kilometres from the city centre of Tübingen. The journey by car takes about half an hour under normal traffic conditions. In addition, there is a direct bus line 828 (Airport Sprinter) between the airport and the university's Campus Tal. The journey by bus takes about one hour.
Arriving by train
Within Germany and parts of Western Europe it is recommended to travel by train via Stuttgart. Stuttgart's main station is connected to the European high-speed rail network and is served by both ICE trains of Deutsche Bahn and French TGV. The onward journey from Stuttgart to Tübingen takes place with local train of Deutsche Bahn. The journey takes about one hour.
Arriving by bus
As a typical student city, Tübingen is connected to a large number of cities by long-distance buses. Within Tübingen, local buses take over public transport. All important university sites such as the Campus Tal, the university hospitals and the Campus Morgenstelle can be reached by bus within 5-15 minutes from the bus station in front of Tübingen main station.
Please note: The University’s various institutions are located in various places around Tübingen; most of these can be reached easily by public transport.
- Bus stop Auf der Morgenstelle: Bus routes: E, 5, 13, 17, 18, N 93, N 94
- Bus stop BG Unfallklinik: Bus routes: E, 5, 13, 14, X15, 17, 18, 24, N 93, N 9
- Bus stop Uni / Neue Aula: Bus routes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 17, 21, 23, N 91, N 93, 754, 777, 826, 828, 7601
- Bus stop Gmelinstraße: Bus routes: 5, 13, 18, N 94
- Bus stop Uni-Kliniken Tal: Bus routes: 5, N 94
- Bus stop Hölderlinstraße: Bus routes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, N 91, N 94, N 97, 754, 777, 826, 82
Arriving by car
Tübingen is easily accessible by car via various freeways. The four-lane Bundesstraße 27 leads directly from the Autobahn 8 at Stuttgart Messe to Tübingen. Road users on the Autobahn 81 take the Herrenberg exit coming from the north and the Rottenburg exit coming from the south. From Herrenberg the Bundesstraße 296 leads to Tübingen. From the Rottenburg exit, take the Bundesstraße 28 a as well as state roads.
Tübingen has several car parks close to the university: