Dr. Stefano Noventa
Stefano Noventa is a Post Doc researcher at the Hector Research Institute for Education Sciences and Psychology. His main interests focus on Mathematical Psychology, Psychometrics and Psychophysics. In particular, he is interested in interdisciplinary applications of methods from Physics to Psychology and Psychophysics, and in potential bridging theories between quantitative approaches to assessment like Item Response Theory and qualitative ones like Knowledge Space Theory. He is also interested in latent variable models and in their applications to Education, Entrepreneurship, Social and Organizational Psychology.
Post Doc at the Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen (Germany)
|09/2012 - 08/2016||Post Doc at the Center for Assessment, University of Verona (Italy)|
|05/2011 - 04/2012||Post Doc at the Department of General Psychology, University of Padova (Italy)|
|03/2011||Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology at the University of Padova (Italy)|
Topic: A variational approach to Perception and Psychophysics (Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Giulio Vidotto, Prof. Dr. Roberto dell'Acqua)
|08/2010-12/2010||International visiting graduate student at the University of Toronto|
|09/2009-12/2009||International visiting graduate student at the University of Toronto|
|01/2008 - 01/2011||Doctoral candidate at the University of Padova (Italy), Department of Social and Developmental Psychology|
|09/2006 - 02/2007||Programmer at CSIO S.r.l., Padova (Italy)|
|03/2006||M.Sc. in Physics (score 110/110) at the University of Padova (Italy)|
|09/1999- 03/2006||Studies in Physics at the University of Padova (Italy)|
- Battaglini, L. , Noventa, S., Casco, L. (2017). Anodal and cathodal electrical stimulation over V5 improves motion perception by signal enhancement and noise reduction. Brain Stimulation, 10(4), 773-779.
- Scalco, A., Noventa, S., Sartori, R., Ceschi, A. (2017). Predicting organic food consumption: A meta-analytic structural equation model based on the theory of planned behavior. Appetite, 112(1), 235-248.
- Gronchi G, Raglianti M, Noventa S, Lazzeri A and Guazzini A (2016). Modeling the overalternating bias with an asymmetric entropy measure. Frontiers in Psychology. 7:1027. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01027
- Noventa S, Cubico S, Ardolino P, Favretto G, Leitão J. (2016). Assessing the relation between entrepreneurial environment and institutions and aptitude towards entrepreneurship: An experience in Veneto’s vocational schools, In Leitão, J. & H. Alves (Eds.) (2016). Entrepreneurial and Innovative Practices in Public Institutions: A Quality of Life Approach, Applying Quality of Life Research: Best Practices, Springer.
- Ardolino P, Noventa S*, Formicuzzi M, Cubico S, Favretto G (2016) Multiple integrated exams: an observational study of different academic curricula based on a Business Administration assessment. Higher Education, 71(1), 59-79. DOI 10.1007/s10734-015-9888-4 * corresponding author
- Noventa S, Anselmi P, Tagliabue M, Vidotto G (2014). Functional measurement in consumer evaluation of market products. Psicológica, 35, 527-541.
- Noventa S, Stefanutti L, Vidotto G (2014). An analysis of item response Theory and Rasch models based on the most probable distribution method. Psychometrika, 79(3), 377-402.
- Noventa S, Stefanutti L, Vidotto G (2014). A derivation of the Polytomous Rasch model based on the most probable distribution method. The Spanish Journal of Psychology, 17, e84, 1-8.
- Noventa S, Vidotto G (2012). A variational approach to behavioral and neuroelectrical laws. Biological Cybernetics, 106(6-7), 339-358.
University of Tübingen
Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology