- The Securitisation of Climate Change – Actors, Processes, Consequences (ClimaSec)
Funded by German Science Foundation (DFG). The total funding volume is 326,000 € within three years. Start date: 1 October 2012.
- The EU, Regional Conflicts and the Promotion of Regional Cooperation: A Successful Strategy for a Global Challenge? (RegioConf)
Funded by Compagnia di San Paolo, through the programme “Europe and Global Challenges” together with Volkswagenstiftung and Riksbankens Jubileumsfondet. The total funding volume is 700,500 € within two years. Start date: 1 January 2013.
- SHUR: Human rights in conflicts: the role of civil society
European Union Framework Programme 6 Project Partner “Human Rights in Conflicts: The Role of Civil Society”
- The European Union and Border Conflicts
European Union Framework Programme 5 Project Coordinator “The European Union and Border Conflicts: The Impact of Integration and Association” (EUBorderConf)
ESRC New Security Challenges Programme: “The Socio-Political Effects of Securitising Free Movement: The Case of 9/11” (comparing Germany and the UK, with Jef Huysmans)
Funded by the DFG from 07/2011 -06/2015
Funded by German Church Development Service (EED) with 90.000 € in 2011–2012
- Security management between Democracies
Funded by DFG with approx. 150.000 € from 10/2007 till 09/2009
- The international organization of democratic peace
Funded by DSF with 130.000 € from 02/2005 till 01/2007