Language and Culture - Learning in teams of two For international and German students
What is special about Tandem?
With a tandem partner you can:
- learn a language in a private and relaxed setting
- practice a language in exchange with native speakers
- plan your learning progress independently
- explain your mother tongue to your partner and get to know your native language better
- build bridges between your cultures
- recognize and understand cultural differences and similarities
- get to know the home country of your tandem partner
- get in touch with people from a different country
What else is important?
Here are a few guidelines you should follow when meeting your tandem partner:
- meet on a regular basis, preferably the same time and day each week
- talk about your expectations and learning goals
- use the same amount of time for both languages. In doing so, both partners benefit equally from Tandem
How to find a tandem partner?
Please fill in the tandem form online.
Alternatively, you can also come to our office hour to sign up for a tandem (see below).
What happens next?
On the basis of your information, we try to find a suitable tandem partner for you. We will send you the contact details via e-mail. You'll get in touch with your partner and arrange a first meeting. Together you can decide where, when and how often you want to meet and what you want to talk about.
Which languages are people offering and which languages are they looking for? You find a current overview here.
Where do I find information about Tandem?
Read the tandem guidelines
On this website: http://seagull-tandem.eu/
Here you find some inspiration and a lot of ideas for tandem learning.
Tips for activities in Tübingen and surroundings
During our tandem office hour
Do you have questions about tandem learning? Do you need support and advice? Please come to our tandem office hour: Tuesdays, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., at the information desk, Abteilung Deutsch als Fremdsprache und Interkulturelle Programme, Wilhelmstraße 22, Raum 201.