Prof. Dr. Konstantin Nikolaou
Full Professor of Radiology
Chairman, Dept. of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
University Hospital Tübingen
D-72076 Tübingen, Germany
Professor Konstantin Nikolaou is Chairman of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology in the Department of Radiology at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen (Germany). Professor Nikolaou received his MD from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich (Germany) in the year 2000, where he also became an Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Munich, after finalizing his PhD-thesis on the topic of modern cardiovascular computed tomography techniques in 2007. After working as a section chief of CT/PET-CT and MRI at the same department, he became Vice Chair of the Department of Clinical Radiology at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University in Munich in April 2007.
Professor Nikolaou joined the Eberhard Karls University Tübingen in April 2014 as Chairman of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. His main fields of interest are multimodality and multi-parametric imaging modalities in oncology as well as non-invasive imaging of cardiovascular diseases.
Multimodal and hybrid oncological imaging
- Functional, hybrid and molecular oncologic imaging techniques, including Dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE-)MRI, DCE-CT, Diffusion-Weighted MRI, Dual-Energy CT
- Hybrid Imaging in oncology (PET-CT, PET-MRI)
- MRI and CT in imaging of the myocardium and coronary arteries
- Non-invasive vascular MRI and CT imaging (aortic, pulmonary, peripheral vascular imaging)
- Multimodal imaging of the arterial vessel wall / Plaque Imaging
Cohorts and Imaging Biomarkers
- Imaging Biomarker development and translational, experimental models in oncologic and cardiovascular imaging.
- Whole-Body MRI techniques and advanced post-processing in cohort studies
Joint Research Projects
2017 – 2020
Else-Kröner-Fresenius-Forschungskolleg “Therapieresistenz solider Tumore"